Indications of Dyslexia
Based on statements in the British Dyslexia Association Publication
Intermediate / College (12 Years +)
Same as primary school, plus;
- Still reads slowly and has difficulty with reading.
- Still has difficulty with spelling.
- Needs to have instructions and telephone numbers repeated.
- Difficulty with pronouncing long words.
- Disorganised, confuses places, times, dates.
- Has difficulty understanding (processing) complex language or long instructions / explanations.
- Has difficulty understanding and meeting the requirements of assignments.
- Has areas of strength as well as weaknesses.